Follow by Email

StatCounter

Monday, June 14, 2010

Home from the city

New Hampshire's State Capital is pretty small as far as cities go, but it's more than big enough for me. Sunday I drove the 2.5 hours down to the capital for a friend's commencement ceremony.

On the way home, I noticed a drop in my tension level as soon as I got north of the White Mountains. Hadn't even noticed I had tension until it was gone. Once I go off the highway onto the back roads, I relaxed some more.

It was still light when I got home so I joined my lovely wife on my deck overlooking the lake. The birds were all doing their evening songs. An Osprey with a large trout in its talons flew towards me before veering off to circle for more altitude. At that point, I was finally totally relaxed.

I belong out here in the woods.

-Sixbears

No comments:

Post a Comment