Follow by Email

StatCounter

Friday, November 29, 2013

Now what?



My lovely wife and I have to figure out the next part of our sailing adventures. When she broke a tooth we ended up right back where started at my dad's. It did give us the opportunity to spend Thanksgiving with dad, so that's good. My kids and grandkids spent the holiday together up north and we talked with them on Skype. Heartstrings got pulled. We do miss them.

The question for my lovely wife and I is: now what? When to get back on the water? Where do we put the boat in? Do we skip down the coast and continue where we left off? Maybe we should just head right down to the Keys for a couple weeks. Christmas will be at my dad's so we only have a few weeks before we take another break.

It will be at least a week before we head out. There's business to take care of. The trailer needs new lights as I'm sick of continually repairing the old ones. Even the bottom of the boat needs some scrapping and new bottom paint. (not that big a deal with a small boat on a trailer) I must admit to having gotten a bit casual about bottom paint.

Then there's the condition of the sailing budget to consider. My lovely wife and I will have to go over the numbers and see what we want to do next. One of the attractions of our southern visit this years was being able to avoid the expense of winter in the North Country. Even with the unexpected dentist bills, we've paid down some debt, so that's good. Winter is just plain harsh.

Of course, most years we don't even head south until after Christmas. The 3.5 weeks of sailing this fall was a real bonus. We don't have to be back north until the end of April, so we've plenty of time for more adventures.

-Sixbears

10 comments:

  1. Whatever you decide, we'll hope there's no more surprises (unless they're good ones).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whatever you decide, we'll hope there's no more surprises (unless they're good ones).

    ReplyDelete
  3. What ever you decide, make sure you and your wife relax and have fun. Quality time with your Dad is a plus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We won't stress about it, that's for sure. ;)

      Delete
  4. I would like to stowaway and go to the Keys. A friend in Largo is having high 70's and low 80's during day and staying in the 60's at night. ahhhhhh,,,we are freezing in NW Florida

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's one vote for the keys. If you can stowaway on a 19 foot boat, I'd take you.

      Delete
  5. Sounds like some good planning is in order!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We just got our guide books and charts out of the boat. looking things over.

      Delete
  6. I guess if you want to look on the bright side,....at least it's warmer where you are. It's in the freezing range here in GA.

    ReplyDelete