StatCounter

Thursday, February 28, 2019

Decision process



Here’s a little insight to the decision process in the Sixbears household.

Tuesday night. My lovely wife and I are talking about our plans for next winter. It comes down to making do with the Oday 19 sailboat. The budget is tight and we really shouldn’t be looking to buy another boat. I must be out of my mind to even look at other boats.

Wednesday night: My lovely wife says she’s thinking about that Pearson 26 we looked at last summer. She really like the layout as it was fairly roomy for a 26 foot boat. Too bad the keel boats were little piles of rust. I assured her they made a zillion of those and we could always find a sound one if we wanted to go with that model. Then I mentioned I know a way to make the budget work.

So what happens next? Who knows?

Actually, what we’ll most likely do is go forward with the Oday plans. It doesn’t need much work. Heck, shovel the snow off it, load the sails, cushions, and a bit of gear and it could go now. There’s the little issue of getting a tow vehicle, but we plan on buying an old beater anyway.

So is that what we’ll actually do? Maybe. However, that could change right up until the last minute. Should the right boat fall into our hands I could find myself sailing south three days later. My lovely wife and I make plans, but we are always open to opportunity. After more than 40 years of marriage I kinda have a hint how this stuff works.

-Sixbears

6 comments:

  1. Visit your TX relatives and get a rust free used E250 cargo van off DFW Craigslist. IMHO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd like to have my trusty local mechanic check out anything I buy. Then I could drive around locally to check for any issues. Don't know if I'd trust a TX vehicle to make it the 2000 miles back home.

      Delete
  2. I sounds similar to our household Domestic Goddess - Social Activities Director decisions on how to allocate expenditures. Its all balance and priorities. I'm the Damn the Torpedos - Full Speed Ahead person so she balances it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to be prepared for when "Wednesday" lady shows up. :)

      Delete
  3. Well, you have to be flexible because the situation always changes. I never really know what we are going to do minute by minute. Even in trying to come up with a less taxing weekly schedule, we tend to ignore "the plan" sometimes on the spur of the moment. At least pondering what kind of boat you want will keep you from getting bored.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all good research, if nothing else. Even last summer's boat shopping trip paid off. While I didn't buy a boat, we got to look at some in person. Always better than on-line. Also discovered a way to rig my jib sail to make it easier to single hand it. Had some nice informative conversations with people.

      Delete