StatCounter

Friday, January 10, 2020

Change of Plans



We had planned on heading out of the marina today. However, some important mail still hasn’t caught up with us. For some reason Florida mail can be extra slow. I can get stuff to Canada quicker, and that’s saying something.

We will extend one more day at least. We’d hoped to avoid some windy and stormy weather, but decided to sit it out. Winds are predicted to come from out of the east and that’s our most protected direction.

On the bright side, my lovely wife was able to get her meds with 12 to 16 hours to spare. After that she starts to go into withdrawal.

We’ve met a lot of interesting people as we aren’t afraid to strike up conversations with strangers. I used to be hesitant to do that, but years of travel loosened me up. My mother used to connect with people very easily. The saying was that she never met a stranger. Everyone was a friend she just hadn’t met yet.

-Sixbears

2 comments:

  1. My father was like your mom in that trait. I'm a bit that way myself. It beats being the opposite way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lot easier to travel if you aren't afraid to talk to folks.

      Delete