StatCounter

Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Improvement


I’m still getting better. The fever hasn’t returned and my guts have settled down. It’s reached that point where I have to be careful not to overdo it.

Like everyone else I’m watching developments in the nation and the world. Perhaps that’s not the best use of my time and energy, but I don’t want to be in the dark either.

Living out in the woods is a good thing these days. Our plans have definitely done a 180 degree turn from what we’d expected to be doing. Instead of putting energy and work into being nomads, we are going to be homebodies.

The weather is still fairly cold and the lake frozen. Can’t wait to get the boats in the water after breakup happens. This is going to one summer when fishing is going to matter. While we don’t have a lot of garden space we are going to make the best use of what we’ve got. Foraging wild edibles is always an option. That activity will be less of a hobby and more of a job.

Be well everyone.

-Sixbears

5 comments:

  1. Supposed to hit 94 here today, need to get busy with 2nd yard mowing soon. Raised bed garden project in my immediate future. Take care of yourself, Mr. Bear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are supposed to get more snow. The lake is still ice covered. Not really keen about temps in the mid 90s either. What's it going to be like in the summer?

      Delete
  2. Hi Six and Wife.
    I was just looking at the photo of your boat in the driveway with all the snow. Soooo my question from a southerner is? Is the boat "aground or adrift! :-) :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely adrift! :) I'm going to remember that one.

      Delete