StatCounter

Saturday, August 13, 2022

Adult Babies


There are a lot of adults these days that act like children. If something upsets they throw temper tantrums like poorly raised 4 year olds. It’s worse as they can do damage a toddler never could. I feel sad and a bit ashamed for them. 

Now I’m not saying people should be emotionless robots. There definitely are things to get upset about. However, when grown adults physically attack fast food workers for getting their order wrong that’s too much. 

Growing up I was about a head taller than the rest of my classmates. I knew at a young age that I had to control myself. Being so much bigger than most of my fellow students it would have been easy to hurt someone. 

Not only do we have adults that never learned self control we have people perfectly willing to exploit that weakness. Strong emotions shut down the logic centers of the brain. Fear and anger is much easier to induce than love and respect so that’s what they go with. Get someone fearful and/or angry, and you can make them do things they’d never do if in their right mind. Autocrats know the technique all to well. 

-Sixbears

2 comments:

  1. The problem is when you start rewarding this behavior, like by electing them to office, you encourage it in others

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, you've reminded me of Captain Suntan.

    ReplyDelete