StatCounter

Thursday, June 8, 2023

Free 2010 Ford Escape


I was given a 2010 Ford Escape with 130,000 miles. I’ve very grateful to the person who gave it to me. Thanks Amy!


So how much money do I have in into it so far?


First off I was warned there was something off with the front end. That turned out to be lower ball joints: $341.00. 


The battery was bad: $181.00. 


Two trips 86 miles away. One on the scooter to get the bill of sale and title. Another with a friend who gave me a ride. Gas and lunches about $80.00.  


State inspection: $40.00.


State registration: $140.00


So I’ve got just under $800 to bring it home. That’s still a bargain. The registration and inspection would have to be paid on any other vehicle so we probably honestly say it was about a $600 vehicle. It’s in really good condition with no rust and excellent tires. That’s worth something. In my area similar vehicles are going for between $4000 and $6000. Personally I think the upper end is overprices but that’s what people are asking. 


I still have the Chevy Blazer but repairs have been slow. It’s also six years older than the Ford. The plan is to eventually get it back on the road then assess my needs. It might get get sold or maybe just get used as a tow vehicle for the boat. At least now I have options.


We still have my wife’s 2015 Nissan Versa Note. I just saved about $200 changing the brakes and rotors myself. 


Heck, I just picked up two new tires for the scooter that’s another couple hundred dollars. I’m a big guy on a little scooter so cheap tires aren’t worth it. 


Vehicles will keep you broke but transportation is necessary.


-Sixbears




4 comments:

  1. The Escape is a darn nice looking vehicle. It's well worth the 800 spent. You've evolved into a multi vehicle family. 80)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it looks like we'll be a three adult household for the foreseeable future -unless more move in. :) There are days when all of us have to be in three different places.

      Delete
    2. The universe has answered the call.

      Delete
    3. I love it when a plan comes together.

      Delete