StatCounter

Tuesday, January 30, 2024

Mindless Entertainment



One of the few things I subscribe to is a Kindle Unlimited membership. This allows me to queue up a bunch of books in my reader. Normally I knock out at least 3 or 4 books a week. However, when I was sick I was consuming over a book a day. 


That might sound impressive but they weren’t quality books. Since I was feeling stupid I was looking for mindless entertainment. There was an awful lot of Space Opera in my reading list. It passed the time. 


One of the indications I was feeling better is the day I noticed the books I’d been reading really were pretty bad. That day my Kindle got a good cleaning out. The mindless entertainment was replaced with books that actually require a couple of functioning brain cells. They had things like a plot and character development. 


However, for a while, there were a lot of bad writers who got more in royalties while I was recovering.


-Sixbears

No comments:

Post a Comment