StatCounter

Monday, February 6, 2012

Back from friends

My lovely wife and I had a great visit with good friends. Dad volunteered to watch the dog, so we took in some sights that we couldn’t take a dog to.

We went to a Medieval fair. Good fun. Large crowds. Lots of interesting stuff going on.






One other day my lovely wife and I took in the Florida Museum of Natural History. It had been a few years since we’d been there. The displays have been expanded and new ones added.



The connection between the two attractions? Mainly, we were interesting in having fun with good friends. There was a connection of concern to a prepper. At the fair, there were plenty of demos of Medieval living -life before petroleum man. It also became pretty clear that they had plenty of fun back on the day; something we shouldn’t lose sight of.

At the museum they have extensive displays about the native peoples who once lived in Florida. As a canoe enthusiast, it was great to examine cultures who depended so heavily on the canoe.

We did have some great discussions with our friends. They get it. I’m happy to report that unlike many people in today’s economy, they are doing very well. It’s about being flexible and willing to change as conditions change.

-Sixbears

3 comments:

  1. Glad you are having a great time. How long are you going to be in Florida? I know you problably told us, but at my age I tend to forget things except for things back 50 or 60 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If all goes well, my lovely wife and I will head back sometime around the third week of April. Nothing is set in stone with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they had more fun back in those days. Other than PATCOM, I can't remember the last time I attended a (non-family)gathering that wasn't rooted in profit, unlike the festivals of old that were all about sharing...

    ReplyDelete