StatCounter

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Interesting times ahead

Anyone who follows the news knows were are for some interesting times ahead. Am I prepared for whatever comes?

Heck no!

I’ve got a few preps, a bunch of skills, some experience, and a weather eye for trouble.

There’s so much stuff going on right now, just about anything can happen -or everything all at once.

I’ve been following Dmitry Orlov He wrote a book about the different stages of collapse a while back. He sticks by his ideas about the different stages, but changed his ideas about the timing. Dmitry thought the different stages would happen one after the other. Now, he thinks about 3 stages of collapse will happen all at once. Don’t take my word for it. Check out his site.

He’s not the only intelligent and informed person expecting big problems in near future. Personally, I think they are on to something.

So why am I not hiding in a bunker somewhere? Why I’m I basically on vacation in Florida?

Why not?

Call it fatalism, but I think when it’s your time, it’s your time. Who knows when or where their card is going to get punched. Maybe I’m supposed to be doing what I’m doing now. My plan is to live life with a bit of zest and deal with whatever comes.

Hiding in a bunker isn’t living.

-Sixbears

8 comments:

  1. good way is to take it as it goes

    Wildflower

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ain't this the truth, one cannot prepare for the unknown.
    Life under a rock is not living, less you're a bug.
    You decide to go all the way thru to St. Lucie.
    Give me a call at the Hotel 321-773-0325, ask for Rob. Or leave message stating it's Six Bears
    Be happy to give ya a ride back to the west coast. Or for that matter, you have any problems and need help, I'll be there...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad I am not a young man starting over. Of course we got through 1984 unlike the predictions of Geouge Orwell (grin). There is still a lot of good in this world, of course we have to look a little harder for it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like it is a case of "ready or not, here it comes!"

    Enjoy life while you can and do what's necessary to make it through the bumpy spots ahead!

    Thanks for the links!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty much my point, as well. I can't live like one of the crazed survivalists...mostly because I don't' care TO survive in that kind of world. I try to hang onto the old homestead here so the kids have a last redoubt of sorts....the world they have to face is scarier than the mutual-assured(but fast)-destruction of the Cold War.

    But me, I just want to do the best I can...in peace and to better my world as I can. I am a combatant for love, not destruction. ..aside from the occasional rabid dog sorts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sixbear something bad is coming and traveling wont be in the cards so keep moving while you can.Thats what has driven me to go this year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amen. Life's too short to live in fear.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Same feeling here. Sweetie could be on his last leg & why not relive some of your past or at least something similar to it - if it causes no harm and you were happiest then. My mom made a trip to Alaska when she had a few months to live. Was hospitalized while there but never regretted the trip. Life is more about experiences than things and there's too much of those "good times" that I've missed. The world is immense, the problems beyond complex and especially if you're older or ill, why not live with gusto. Which is not to say we should waste everything we have with no regard for the land or others but we've reached a point where enough supplies is enough supplies.

    ReplyDelete