StatCounter

Friday, April 7, 2017

Coffee Shop Tour



I'm looking forward to getting the old motorcycle back on the road. The 1974 -900 cc Kawasaki will not look pretty, but as long as it runs that fine with me. I'd like to do a coffee shop tour of New England with a friend or two. In my younger days I might have done a brew pub tour, but I'm supposed to be wiser now.

Maybe I'll fit in just one brew put between coffee shops.

Over the winter I've been slowly gathering parts that I need to fix the bike. Also discovered the source of an electrical problem the bike had. Years ago I made a quick field repair while on a trip, then promptly forgot about it. The hasty repair was not meant to last for the years I drove with it that way.

Once the snow is gone I'm going to get my boats in order. I had hoped to get some of that sorted out in the fall, but early snows put a stop to those plans. As I type there's a new LED bow light sitting next to the computer. It's begging to be installed, but the boat is buried in snow and ice.

The deck on the house needs replacement. A new dock needs to be built. Warm weather better get here soon.

I'm also waiting for a big stack of paperwork to hit my desk. When it does I'm going to have to disappear into that for a while. Not fun, but sometimes you have to take care of business. Hope to get that stuff sorted out so I can get back to play time.

-Sixbears

10 comments:

  1. Coffee shop tour - I like that. My wife regularly rides with a lot of motorcycle retirees on Sunday mornings. The usual m.o. is for an early morning ride to a restaurant for breakfast, then time the 'scenic route' back home. Usually done around noon time, she has a blast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a good time. Always fun to ride with friends.

      Delete
    2. Absolutely. And they have each other's back in case of trouble. While on one of their rides, my wife's trunk (she rides a Honda trike) had her trunk latch disengage without her knowledge. The rider behind her sped up a bit, leaned over and shut it, no trouble at all. He is an old rider with many years on the road, not a procedure for the new rider.

      They saw the motorcycle accidents happen in either the 1st year (lack of experience) or the later years (become too relaxed). Eyes wide open and no distractions is the way to safely ride.

      Delete
    3. Nice ride with good and skilled friends. Good advice too.

      Delete
  2. I hope that what needs to be done gets done and that spring springs up soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We got more rain than snow yesterday, so there's hope!

      Delete
  3. I guess I am a little different than you are. My motto is to always put things off for another day. . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never put off for tomorrow what you can put off forever.

      Delete
  4. Make sure your ticker is in good shape with all that caffeine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problems at the last check up, which was even this year. :)

      Delete