StatCounter

Thursday, July 21, 2022

Double energy gain


Recently my solar electric panels haven’t been performing as well as they should. Partial shading seriously reduces their efficiency. Over the years the trees have been growing in. 


I did as much trimming as I could with a manual pole saw. One limb was too big for that so I dug out my electric pole saw, only to discover its battery was dead. Unfortunately it takes up to 9 hours to charge it up. That limb will wait until tomorrow.


There’s a big increase in solar power output already. Power output could be improved by cutting some some maples that shade the panel in the morning and late in the afternoon. Those trees will all go in the firewood pile. 


So I’m getting both solar electricity and firewood. I love it when there’s a double benefit. 


-Sixbears

No comments:

Post a Comment