StatCounter

Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Ice and other things


Today there’s a fair chance the ice will leave the lake. It’s broken up into pencil ice with areas of open water. Had it been windy on Monday the lake would probably have completely opened up. This will be a few days earlier than the old average ice out date. 


Trout season doesn’t start until the fourth Saturday in April. Hopefully I’ll have the boat in the water by then. My lovely wife is really looking forward to fishing this year. It’ll be nice to do that together. 


I’m still not fully recovered from my week in the hospital. Later in the week I’m meeting with my doctor. We are in the process of putting together a plan to prevent further leg infections. For those who know me it won’t come as a surprise that weight loss will be part of that. 


Treatment is a lot different in the US if you have health insurance. Five years ago a doctor wanted to schedule cardiac tests. However, having no insurance at the time the hospital wanted $20,000 up front. That didn’t happen. This time around I have insurance.  The doctor just went ahead and had tests done while I was in the hospital. The good news is that my heart is in good shape. Also thanks to having insurance the weight loss clinic will accept me. 


I’ll have to pace myself until my leg is fully healed up, but at least I’m now chipping away at my projects. That feels good. 


-Sixbears

2 comments:

  1. Or you could have Kathy in charge of your portion control ?
    Last night's dinner , a handful of pasta noodles lightly buttered, a quarter ounce of roast beef and about a half ounce of cooked carrots.
    Her dinner was even less lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would work. There's no disagreeing with the boss.

      Delete