StatCounter

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Sobriety Check Point



So there it was, 1:30 a. m. and we were just driving into town and roll up to a sobriety checkpoint. I'm driving, accompanied by my lovely wife and a good friend. We'd spent the evening at a bar listening to a great band. Yes, I'd had a couple of drinks, but that was in 3 hours, plus I had a meal at the bar. While I was sure I'd pass the sobriety test, who in their right mind wants to put up with the hassle? All I wanted to do was get home.

They waved me pass and I didn't even have to stop. In the dark, from the front, my motorhome conversion still looks a lot like the ambulance it once was. They looked at me a bit funny as I drove past and they could see the murals on the side of the vehicle, but we'd already been waved through.

Much easier all around.

-Sixbears

9 comments:

  1. Maybe they thought you all were "Ghost Busters" bahahahahah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiding in plain sight! Not that you were hiding, but it could come in handy someday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must admit, when we were deciding what to paint the vehicle, I was tempted to go with something that looked semi-official.

      Delete