StatCounter

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Bad seafood



Monday was a good day to wire. The boat trailer now has nice new LED taillights. I got tired of constantly repairing the old ones. The boat itself got a few wiring upgrades while I was at it.

It took three days of killing fire ant nests before the boat could safely be worked on. As it is, one manged to bite me anyway. Persistent little monsters.

The boat smells like bad seafood as the barnacles and other sea growth died. A little scrapping, a little power washing, some bottom paint, and we'll be good to go again.

Dad has plans for us today, so the boat projects will have to wait.

One thing I noticed while on the boat is that it's not always easy to resupply. Marinas seem to carry the same handful of things in their parts and service department. Good hardware stores can be hard to find. Lord help me, I even missed Walmart. Good thing we had a lot of prepper food on the boat.

My lovely wife and I are keeping busy and having fun. Dad seem to like having us around, so it's all good.

-Sixbears

10 comments:

  1. Glad to read your having fun.Have you tried a trailing fishing line for a fresh catch? It has been my excperiance of not many Wal Marts on islands.Enjoy the water and your Dad.I hope you have took a good pic of you and the wife on the beach and sent it to family and friends wishing them a Merry Chistmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haven't tried fishing yet. Sailing through the ICW had kept us busy enough. Like the pic idea.

      Delete
  2. Your title gave me visions of you barfing over the gunwales. Glad that wasn't the case!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems like you are enjoying your vacation, just taking it easy. No schedules to follow and no rush to be anywhere.
    Bet your Dad likes having you two around for a while!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've been pretty chill. Lots of little things to keep us busy.

      Delete
  4. Is it possible that circumstances that have you being with your Dad longer than usual are happening for a reason? I hope it is time well spent and that you are both enjoying the time together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear dad missed us when we were away. He wouldn't admit it, of course.

      Delete
  5. You and your Dad live so far apart, I am sure he misses you and loves having you there as long as he can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He didn't feel well enough to make his normal summer visit, so it had been a while.

      Delete