StatCounter

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Long Key



That's Long Key for you.




There aren't a lot of places in Florida where it's possible to camp right on the beach. This is one of them. There's not a lot here on Long Key. Mostly, it's just the park. If I had to quibble about anything it would be the road noise from Route1. The island is narrow, so that's pretty much unavoidable.


While we were in Key Largo, my lovely wife and I stopped in at the West Marine Store. We needed a new chart of the Keys and it seemed like the best place to get one. They had exactly what I wanted. Of course, they should. If you can't get a chart of the Keys while in the Keys, where could you get one?

-Sixbears

9 comments:

  1. That's an awful long ways to go to get a map!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't see a fishing pole anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have a license so you won't see a photo of me fishing. -if you know what I mean.

      Delete
  3. Nice to have your own beach :-)
    I like the mural on the van! Have any more on it you'd like to share?
    Just curious; how many miles is on the engine in the van?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bigger mural on the other side. However, that's parked in tehe bushes right now.

      182,000 miles. Expect a lot more from the big diesel.

      Delete
  4. Looks like a comfortable place to me! I can only guess how it beats the hustle and bustle of the city, especiall during this time of year!

    ReplyDelete