StatCounter

Saturday, October 21, 2017

Pacing myself



The digging for the water supply continues. After months of inactivity, I decided to pace myself. No sense getting injured again. It takes too long to recover. When you are young, you never think of pain killers. Later on, ibuprofen is your friend after a hard day of work. Lately, I've been at the point where I wonder if maybe I shouldn't take ibuprofen before starting the day. I haven't yet, but it has occurred to me. Instead I've decided to let sore muscles let me know when it's time to stop.

I am making progress and haven't hurt myself, so that's good. It's a little tricky digging on the side of a steep hill. The supply line can't be too much further down. That is, if I'm digging in the right spot.

Hope to wrap this up eventually and move on with my other projects. The boat trailer and the van will take a couple of days of preparation -nothing too major. That is, as long as it doesn't do something like snow. Anything is possible here in the Great White North.

My order of stainless steel clippy things for the sailboat's jib sail came in. The brass ones are pretty beat. I had tried some really interesting quarter turn polymer clips, but they were a bit too small for the sail. The stainless steel ones are rated for 700 pounds each, so they should easily do the job.

The weather looks pretty mild for the next week or so. The unseasonably warm weather has been a lucky break for me. I'll take what I can get.

-Sixbears

9 comments:

  1. Pacing yourself is good. I've learned that recovery time is a bear if you overdo it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The brain says,"you can do that" and the next day the body says, "bet you wish you hadn't." Happens to me a lot. I just have to keep plugging along.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, my brain and my body have had too many disagreements of late.

      Delete
  3. might mark the water line with, say, a line of peonies parallel to it at a safe distance to remain uninjured if digging has to be done again, but still a clear marker for finding the pipes.

    also, doc told daughter to take ibuprofen ahead of the sure need of it.
    you know you will be digging so take one before starting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like your path marker idea.Pretty neat. Yeah, probably should bite the bullet and medicate ahead of the pain.

      Delete
  4. We got us a bobcat w/backhoe attachment. Makes those chores a little easier. Otherwise I would be hard pressed to dig up anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The line is buried in a steep hill -too steep for equipment. I've got a hard time not rolling down the hill myself.

      Delete
  5. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ur8nbEJxXD8

    I saw this set up and thought of your digging job.. I never saw anything like this before, but it looks pretty neat.

    ReplyDelete