StatCounter

Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Moving Forward



I'm still not fully recovered from whatever plague I caught. Still feeling pretty weak and the cough isn't completely gone.

On the bright side, I actually felt good enough to attempt a few projects. Recently I bought a new angle grinder. It's just the tool I needed to remove the old safety chains from my boat trailer. The new chain is about three times as heavy. It's also long enough to connect to my daughter's truck. The old ones were too short.

After that I hauled tools and materials down to the lake to work on the boat. One thing that bothered me for years was the small number of cleats. It only came with four, two on the bow and two on the stern. I bought four more. The plan was to put two more aft on the port and starboard sides, plus two more amidships. That should give me plenty of places for dock lines, anchor rode, bumpers, and anything else in need of attachment. Unfortunately, after installing only one of them, storm clouds rolled in. My lovely wife and I just made it inside just steps ahead of the thunder and lightning.

I won't be able to get back to it until Wednesday at the earliest. I've a dentist appointment. The plan is to get my teeth checked out before my trip in the fall. There's nothing like a toothache to ruin an adventure.

It's encouraging to be getting some things done, even if I'm still not up to full speed. Forward motion is forward motion.

-Sixbears

8 comments:

  1. Yep. Slow progress is still progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might not be moving fast, but I'm lapping everyone on the couch.

      Delete
  2. Every little bit counts. Be well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just don't have them all pulled like crazy old Sven Irvin did in preparation for his round the world trip. I guess he figured no teeth = no problems with them.
    http://www.yrvind.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've got to draw the line somewhere. Unlike Sven, I'm rarely going to be too far from civilization.

      Delete
  4. The extra cleats was a good idea. You just can't have too many places to attach lines, etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They aren't just handy to have, they are a safety issue too.

      Delete