StatCounter

Thursday, September 6, 2018

Solutions and Problems



My furnace guy checked out my hot air furnace. I was concerned that it might have been due for replacement. Fortunately, my fears were unfounded. All it needed was a cleaning and tune up. That was cheap enough. Now all I have to do is to get the tank filled. I'd let is run down low in case the furnace was beyond repair.

Most of the time I heat the house with wood. It is good to have oil backup. If I get sick or injured the last thing I want to do is haul wood in to feed the stove. It's also handy having an automatic heat source in case we want to leave the house for a few days.

My lovely wife and I had a discussion about my fall sailing trip. There is a depressingly long list of things that could derail my plans. I'm working my way though those things that I have some control over. Getting the furnace fixed was one of those. Some things, like hurricanes, are out of my hands. There may be other things that require my attention at home. I'm not going to skip out on my duties. That may cause me to miss my time window.

I'm going to be scrambling for the next five weeks or so. Part of my time will be spent getting things sorted out with the household. The boat also needs some things done before a long trip. The pressure is on.

-Sixbears

3 comments: