StatCounter

Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Sad Anniversary


On this day I mourn the loss of my brother firefighters in the September 11 attacks. As a former firefighter, it hit me really hard when the towers came down. I know what it's like to go into a building that everyone else is trying to get out of.

I mourn all the others who lost their lives in the attack.

Finally, I mourn for the United States of America. We are not the same country we were before the attacks. We lost our innocence and much of our freedoms in the name of security.

Rest in peace.

-Sixbears

5 comments:

  1. It's hard to believe that 17 years have gone by since that morning. I clearly recall the event, our secretary calling us to see the images of the 1st tower being hit. We all thought it was a strange accident - how could you miss seeing a skyscraper !

    Then we saw the 2nd plane hit the other tower - live. Like a bolt out of the blue, it hit me - this was an attack on the U.S. and said so. Other than that, it was silent. We later heard of the Pentagon hit, and the plane crashed intentionally in Pennsylvania. And the next several days of course.

    Strange days indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happened to have the TV and watched it happen live. I knew life would never be the same.

      Delete