StatCounter

Saturday, June 22, 2019

Attempted Armed Robbery



Details are sketchy right now, but there was an attempted robbery just a couple miles down the road from me. A gas station/convenience store was robbed by masked men.

A customer in the store pulled out a little 380 handgun and emptied a magazine at the robbers. He shot a finger off one of the men. They hopped in a car, drove to the boat landing at my lake and abandoned the car. Then they tried to flee through the woods.

They happened to abandon the car next to a campground right next to a camping retired Rhode Island police officer. He and another retired police officer pursued the men. The robber with the bleeding hand went to a nearby cabin, about five or six down from my place. He knocked on the door and asked the cottage owner to call 911 for medical help.

All the robbers were apprehended. I was told they were druggies from Berlin NH. My information came from one of the retired police officers

Statistically, NH is one of the safest places in the country. Statistics don’t matter when it happens hear you.

It’s really not a good idea to try to rob a mom and pop store in this area. Odds are good that someone will be packing.

-Sixbears

6 comments:

  1. Druggies were never known for their good judgment. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's like they are mentally impaired or something. :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are everywhere today. We can never let our guard down. Scan the store parking lot before you exit your car and again when you leave the store.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been an eye opener for me. I let down my guard on my home turf.

      Delete