StatCounter

Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Favorite time of year



Here in the Great North Woods we are entering one of my favorite times of year. As the leaves change color our beautiful scenery turns to absolutely stunning. People come from all over the world to experience the wonder of it all. 


I don’t take it for granted. Even when running my day to day errands I’m aware of the beauty. There are routes that excel during certain times of the day when the light is just right. So what if I have to drive a few miles out of my way to experience it? What’s life without a bit of color in it?


While it’s a beautiful time of the year it doesn’t last long enough. Soon enough we’ll be in what I call the gray times. That’s when all the leaves have fallen from the trees but the snow hasn’t covered the ground yet. On the bright side it’s the peak of hunting season so there is that. 


Always remember though: winter is coming.


-Sixbears

7 comments:

  1. My wife and I were just laughing about that.

    We'd go to see the foliage and drive for miles just to "Notice" on our way home how OUR own hills foliage was just as pretty.

    But we do manage to get in a nice lunch somewhere different than our usual so there's that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice this time of year and we have to enjoy it when we can.

      Delete
  2. This is the time of year when we all loose our minds. We start thinking that death and decay is so so pretty. 80)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dreading the coming winter again, John?

      Delete
    2. The winter is a fiend in my comic book life. 80)

      Delete
  3. We are going through the opposite seasonal change. Lush growth, wildflowers, birds, bees critters everywhere. And it is all just outside the door. The quality of light in these 'shoulder' seasons is stunning, wherever you are in the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I forget you live in upside down land. :)

      Delete