StatCounter

Friday, September 1, 2023

I step out for a few hours . . .



. . . and my lovely wife “cleaned” my office. 


The first thing I saw when I came home was a broken file cabinet in the hallway. That wasn’t good. The kitchen table was covered in paperwork. I’m going to have to sort through all that paper in the next couple of days. At first glance it looks like the current in progress files have been mixed with the archived files. I just can’t deal with it right now, but some of that of that stuff has to be dealt with soonish. 


On the plus side, the office really is a lot cleaner. I’ve also got a lot more pens and unused notebooks than I thought I did. 


Another downside is that she “simplified” the wires in the office. That meant that desk lamp didn’t work anymore and the Internet router and phone modem were down. Since I was able to post this it’s obvious the Internet issues were fixed. 


The last time my office was deep cleaned was when I spent a week in the hospital. Apparently I’m much more comfortable with a certain level of clutter and chaos than my lovely wife is. 


You know those minimalist people? I’m not one of them. I supposed it’s good that someone tackles the mess now and then, but it always freaks me out. I was only grouchy for a little while. 


-Sixbears

9 comments:

  1. Kathy knows that my man cave is off limits.
    She will have full access after my funeral...
    She gets total control and access over all areas except my cave and shop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's time for me to organize her craft room. :)

      Delete
  2. You're a Gentle Man. Disabling my office in the spirit of cleaning is unwise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've lost some of my most important stuff that way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My office is sacrosanct. Sweeping the floor and dusting for cobwebs is allowed. I treat my dearest's office the same. That way, stuff that is important to each of us stays that way. We learned that the hard way when a super rare cassette tape of mine got Kondo'd. John Hammond Jr live desktape is now in landfill somewhere.
    We share cleaning responsibilities elsewhere across the property but have a rule that nothing gets chucked out unless we both agree on it. Multiple buildings on acreage let us both hoard. I pity our nieces and nephews who are down to inherit the whole mess of treasures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know Johnno, I suspect the era of the throwaway society is nearly over.

      Look at what the Great Depression (a worldwide event BTW) people kept.

      A jar with a lid can hold dry seeds from moisture and rodents. Bits of string ties up the tomatoes.

      Coming again to a neighborhood near you.

      Delete
    2. I tell my lovely wife I'll take care of it. She doesn't have to bother me about it every decade or so.

      Delete