StatCounter

Friday, September 15, 2023

Nightmare



I had a nightmare where there was an incident and the whole country was about to become a Fascist hellhole. In my dream I turned to my lovely wife and told her we’d better rent an apartment in Canada before they are all gone. The idea being that Canada is right next door and we can figure out where to go after that. 


It was too late. Nothing was available. I woke up in a cold sweat. 


Then I went on-line and actually checked out the cost of apartments in Canada. Crap. It’s as bad or worse than here in the US. There are even charging high prices in little towns in the middle of nowhere. 


Now some might say the country is already a hellhole, but they really don’t know what they are talking about. I come from a long line of people who got the hell out of Dodge while the getting was good. We aren’t there yet. However, my instincts are telling me something.


-Sixbears

7 comments:

  1. Not comforting as I've had weird dreams of much the same. When is the American Kristallnacht?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No worries Bear, it's just your inner thoughts about our looming mortality as boomers kicking in. Seems to be an pandemic of it going on .
    There is no such place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay then. No worries. Just the normal unease about personal doom. Nice.

      Delete
    2. All a part of growing up and old.
      Some folks just never grow up, yet all get old.
      Yeah , I do tend to have a pessimistic outlook on life huh...

      Delete
    3. Old is just a word man, and the sound I make trying to get out of a chair.

      Delete