StatCounter

Thursday, November 9, 2023

Looks like winter


I woke up to an inch of fresh snow yesterday. It only melted in direct sunshine. More is expected for today. It actually feels like November in the Great North Woods. This batch of snow probably won’t last but it’s definitely a preview of things to come. 


I’ve been following a number of well known weather forecasters. Up here in northern New Hampshire it’s difficult to predict the weather -especially long range. So here’s what it looks like: either it’ll be cold with less snow than normal or warmer but with more snow. There doesn’t seem to be a lot of consensus. That’s typical for our area as a number of weather systems come together here. I’ve seen storms that drop six inches in my area but two feet of snow twenty miles away. The exact opposite happens too. 


While I’m never one hundred percent happy with my winter preps I’m prepared enough. I’ll feel a bit more secure when two more pallets of woodstove fiber blocks are delivered. They should be here today or tomorrow. That should help square us away for some time. 


I’d like to do a bit more insulating in the basement but that can be done at any time. 


One of things I keep going over in my head is whether or not to buy a snow blower. If we get buried in snow it’ll seem like a great idea. If we have a light snow winter -not so much. However, I did pull a back muscle by the end of last winter. It wasn’t awful but I felt it and wouldn’t mind avoiding that this winter. 


-Sixbears

3 comments:

  1. Snow is an evil four letter words created by the Minions of the North.

    ReplyDelete