StatCounter

Tuesday, November 7, 2023

Me against the machines!



This time I was challenged to combat by my washing machine. The newer machines use less water but are worse in every other way. The are also a pain to repair. For years I’ve been doing repairs to major appliances and the washing machine is just another challenge. 


At least now there’s Google and YouTube university. Best I can tell from available evidence it’s a simple door switch. Of course, the switch isn’t simple at all. Anyway, I found one online and ordered it.  


There’s an easier repair hack that can be done if you have small hands and long skinny arms. Since I’ve got gorilla arms and hands I had to go in the hard way. Oh well. A man has got to know his limitations. I was able to get to the switch and tried a recommended temporary repair but that didn’t help. That’s when I ordered a new switch. 


I do miss simple mechanical controls. Once I had to pull the circuit board out of the washing machine and clean up some connections. Washing machines shouldn’t even have circuit boards -never mine ones exposed to damp conditions. 


Anyway . . . I could rage against the machines or learn how to fix the new ones. 


Grumble grumble. 


-Sixbears

3 comments:

  1. You know how I feel about technological contraptions like the new age washing machine. I don't trust them, I know they are all linked into a hive mind and have some sort of conspiracy against us for the dirty laundry. Those OCD technical beasties should be user friendly. 80)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah . . . but I hand washed some clothes today and it wasn't fun.

      Delete