StatCounter

Thursday, March 21, 2024

Eclipse Circus?



I’ve friends who are coming to my place for the solar eclipse. They locked in staying at our place about a year ago. That’s about when all the local hotels were booked up. 


My friends would really like to hit up some nearby restaurants the day after. I guess we’ll discover if the crowds are going to be nuts or not. A lot of locals have doubts about us being able to get into a restaurant by then. We shall see.


However, I’m going to have plenty of food ready just in case. 


The eclipse will be visible over a large part of the country. To me, that should help with keeping the crowds down in one specific area. A person from New Mexico probably won’t come to northern New England for the event when they can see it in Texas. 


The eclipse is happening at a good time for local businesses. The winter sports crowd is gone and it’s too early for the warm weather tourists. I’m hoping that it being during the off season the area will be able to handle the crowds. 


-Sixbears

2 comments:

  1. Cheer up Sixbears... where you are has about a 20% chance of clear sky on that day. so the crowds may be weather dependent.

    Eck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah . . . it'll probably be cloudy. That's how I've missed some great meteor showers and northern lights.

      Delete