StatCounter

Sunday, March 10, 2024

March is a teaser.

Another Stormwatch


Friday’s weather was nice and spring-like. That’s not at all common in northern New Hampshire this time of year. The weather was so nice that had I not made other plans I would have taken the motor scooter out of storage. 


Today is a different story. The weather forecast is for 4 to 8 inches of heavy wet snow. That’s storm will also bring high winds. That’s just the sort of thing to drop trees over utility lines and block roads. Flooding will also be an issue. 




My usual preps were put into motion. The solar electric batter bank was charged up from the grid. Energy intensive chores such as laundry have been done. Dishes are washed. Fuel for the woodstove is sitting ready. We’ve plenty of food and other necessities. 


The best part is not needing to go anywhere during or right after the storm. It always feels better to watch falling snow while next to the woodstove sipping coffee.


-Sixbears

4 comments:

  1. I much prefer watching that nasty stuff on the television myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny, that's how I like to watch hurricanes.

      Delete
  2. LOL I expected a sunshine state comment :-)

    Lost power for about 3 hours last night, just cleared the driveway so tonight's freeze and snow doesn't make it nasty tomorrow.

    6 Bears did you lose power?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Power went out, came back, went out. For a while I lost the grid, internet, and land line.

      It's back now.

      Delete