StatCounter

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Papers please



Modern life has its little trials. One of them is keeping paperwork and fees in order. I went down to the town hall to register the van and boat trailer.

There are some advantages to living in a small town. No one was in line. The clerk greeted me by name. We had a pleasant visit while she got the papers in order.

Then it was down to the garage to see about scheduling a state required vehicle inspection. The garage does good work so is constantly busy. Even so, the owner said he could squeeze me in. While checking out my van, we talked about boating in Florida. He'd fished a lot of the areas we'd sailed in. Knowing I'd be in, he'd saved a marine catalog for me.

So on one hand it's a pain to have to deal with these paperwork requirements. On th other hand dealing with good people certainly takes the sting out of it.

-Sixbears

6 comments:

  1. There certainly are some advantages to living in a small town.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like it. Just don't expect an ambulance to be 5 minutes away.

      Delete
  2. lol Yeah small towns are great, as long as you don't do things that you don't want your neighbors knowing about!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What's that about good fences?

      It does help that my neighbors are few and far between.

      Delete
  3. At least ya got a break from dealing with the frozen stuff.

    I' bet you'll be glad when Spring finally comes to The Great Frozen North and you can finally see the ground again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spring can sometimes hit all at once. 45 and sunny feels good. It's a start.

      Delete