StatCounter

Saturday, April 26, 2014

Taking Turns



It was a good news/bad news sort of day. The garage called and let us know my wife's car was fixed. The bad news is that van decided it needed a rest and would not run.

It had been running poorly on diesel, but as soon as it was switched over to the veggie tank it ran fine. Unfortunately, today it would not run long enough to heat up the veggie tank so I could not do the switch over. Changing out the diesel fuel filter, always a major pain, didn't do the job. The problem has to be somewhere in the diesel lines. Of course, it fails on a 24 degree morning.

Diesel is awful stuff to work with. Last time I messed around with diesel lines I got a lot of it on my clothes. There is no washing that out so the clothes went into a trash bag. You can bet that I'll be wearing my worse clothes when I work on the fuel lines.

Fortunately a friend was able to give my lovely wife and I a ride into town to pick up her car. Later we joined our friends for dinner and finished off the day in a hot tub.

Any day that finishes in a hot tub isn't all bad.

-Sixbears

6 comments:

  1. I believe that's called "making the best of a bad situation!" - lol - I just remembered a silly song by that name from quite a few years back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bad stuff always happens. It's how you deal with it that matters.

      Delete
  2. Hope you get the van all fixed up without too much fuss!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just got it running now. Used compressed air to blow out a clogged fuel line.

      Delete
  3. it is a wonderfull for travel till it turns into one big paperwieght

    especially when needed in crummy weather despertly

    that is why some owners go bald tearing out there hairs

    Wildflower

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe we'd all be ahead if man had stopped with the invention of the bicycle.

      Delete