StatCounter

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Let there be lights



I've had to fix and rewire the boat trailer lights a number of times this trip. Finally I broke down and decided to get a nice new set of LED submersible lights. Everything is working the way it's supposed to.

The lights needed a new trailer plug the very first day of of our trip in snowy New Hampshire. A light was broken in a fender bender so that was replaced in a Sam's parking lot. Some work was done while fighting off fire ants -not my best work. Salt water may have caused corrosion in one of the taillights It was a real pleasure to be able to take my time and replace everything.

There are thousands of miles to go on our winter journey. New lights should make the trip just that much safer.

That took care of my morning. After lunch I helped my father-in-law with some plumbing. There are some jobs that go a lot better with two.

Not every day is a vacation day. However, it was warm, sunny and there was no snow to shovel. It's all good.

-Sixbears

8 comments:

  1. Lights are important. Wouldn't want someone to rear end you at night because the lights didn't work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. The roads are getting weird out there. I need every advantage I can get.

      Delete
  2. When you take a vacation you don't fool around. I look forward to seeing where you head to next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When someone's travelling for months, it's not a vacation, it's a lifestyle.

      Delete
  3. Hope you guys have less issues with the vehicles on your adventure! Look forward to hearing more about the vacation over a cup (or 6) of java when you and the Mrs. return!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's still 3 feet of snow at your house in NH (On the porch roof-gasp!)
    Enjoy the warmth of spring in TX

    ReplyDelete