StatCounter

Monday, March 23, 2015

Spring Time



My lovely wife and I checked out some of the springs in the Ocala National Forest in Central Florida. We camped out at Alexander Springs for a few days, spent a day at Juniper Springs, then a few more days at Salt Springs.


This is a photo of Juniper Springs.

These springs are 72 degree water that just boil out of the ground. They are great places to swim.

I was suffering from a cold so didn't swim as much as I'd wanted to. I had plans to take the little boat down the Salt Spring run into Lake George, but wasn't feeling up to it. There were also whitecaps on the water so it really wasn't a great idea anyway.

After the Ocala we spend a few nights at Anastasia State Park in St. Augustine. My lovely wife was able to connect with her older sister in St. A, so she had fun. I spent some time trying to sort out computer troubles, but mostly I just hung out around the water.

Our departure from the campground was a bit of fiasco, but that's a tale for tomorrow.

-Sixbears

12 comments:

  1. Good to hear you guys are having a good time. And good to see you're back online!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to be back. We've been having some adventures.

      Delete
  2. Saint Augustine is a great place. When I was a tiny kid we used to go there to the old fort and then picnic. These days, when we go down to Palm Coast for a vacation, we go up to Saint Augustine for the atmosphere and the nice restaurants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. St. A does have some great places to eat. I'm also kinda fond of some of those A1A beers.

      Delete
  3. Sure looks pretty to me! I'm glad you guys are having a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I envy you -- in Chicago, there's snow! I'd rather be where you are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's also snowing back home in NH, so I'm in no hurry to head to New England.

      Delete
  5. We made a point of moving to the nature coast. No tourists, no Mickey Mouse or artificial "Florida" trees. Just nature. Of course it makes visiting department stores hard, but I joyfully gave up that waste of time and money for things more tangible, enjoyable, earthy.

    You picked a good place to visit. So many choose the eastern coast (for which we are grateful).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shhhhhh, don't let out the secret of the Nature Coast. Good thing it's too shallow for cruise boats. :)

      Delete