StatCounter

Monday, November 16, 2015

Emotionally exhausted



Sunday we had a memorial service in the retirement park where dad lived. It was well attended. He was well loved and respected.

I said a few words and cried like a baby -and I'm not ashamed of that at all. Not that many people are blessed to have as good a father as I had. At age 57 I got to enjoy his company for longer than most.

Dad lived to 80 and was in pretty good health until the last few months.

Soon I'll be heading north from Florida back to New Hampshire. We are in the process of setting up another service in his home town for all this family and friends who could not travel south. If all goes well I should be back on the road in a few days.

Once affairs up north are settled, my lovely wife and I will come back to Florida. We plan on spending some quality time on our sailboat. My soul could use a quiet anchorage somewhere with dolphins to keep us company.

-Sixbears

14 comments:

  1. I did the same at my Dad's funeral. You and your lovely wife have my best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again, my condolences. Saying goodbye to people and places we knew is a major part of Life. I hope some quiet time to heal comes your way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need quiet time in the natural world during normal times. Now it's necessary.

      Delete
  3. Glad to know his memorial service was well attended and I bet you heard some marvelously good stories about him!
    Comfort and peace to you and your family, Sixbears.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I said a prayer for all those whose lives were touched by your father's, especially you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry, I know you have a hole in your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My Dad died way too young and since I was an only child, he and I hunted and fished together a lot. I have always been thankful for the time we had together. I have lost both parents and my oldest son. Still miss them all and I still tear up thinking of my loss so I feel for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Condolences again. He was a good man. All of us look forward to seeing you and the Mrs. when you get home though

    ReplyDelete
  8. My dad is 93 and still working every day around the homestead. I call him every Thursday and we talk for about 2 hours, while my mom (88yrs.) is away teaching her art class. I have been calling my dad for the last 10 years, and it has been a true joy. I have learned so much over the years of listening. Why let
    all that wisdom go to waste. The subjects we talk about are vastly far ranging. My dad is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sixbears,

    Sending prayers and condolences. I recently lost my Mom, and just before her passing my Dad passed. Right now we're dealing with the estate. It's time to drop that anchor and relax in the ocean with dolphin and manatee surround your boat. Blessings to you and yours,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete