StatCounter

Thursday, November 22, 2018

Happy Thanksgiving



It's not about the dinner. It's about taking a day to be thankful and grateful for all the good things we've been given in life. The more spiritually advanced may even be thankful for the hard times because it can make us stronger. (Not too sure where I fit in there)

I hope everyone gets to spend some time with friends, family or kind strangers.

My life is full of things to be thankful for. I'm doing my best to not let temporary trials diminish that fact.

Please don't cut the day short with Christmas shopping. One holiday at a time please. Also, if nobody went shopping on Thanksgiving, no store would make their workers come in. Don't be that person who gives a store economic incentive to deprive their workers of a holiday.

There are jobs that must go on: police, fire, EMS, hospital employees, and everybody out there who keeps the roads open and the lights on. I'm grateful for their sacrifice. For all those who keep civilization functioning, I salute you.

I'm also grateful for my blog readers. I'm lucky to have such a nice group of people following my scribblings.

-Sixbears

4 comments:

  1. Amen to all said and may you have a happy Thanksgiving as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving and blessed be. Unless absolutely necessary no store, other than the market, will see me until after New Year's day. - Momlady

    ReplyDelete