StatCounter

Sunday, November 25, 2018

Incaptivity



This never ending leg infection situation is getting old. It occurred to me the other day that my legs are worse than when I first went to the doctors many weeks ago. Pretty hard to call that progress. There were times it looked like it was getting better, but then it wasn't.

Right now seems to be one of those getting better times. The doctors have me on two types of antibiotics and a diuretic. I'm also taking more over the counter pain meds than I'd like. Nobody seems to have taken my pain complaints seriously. Right now the medical profession is on the lookout for people seeing pain meds, but this is ridiculous. I haven't been able to sleep more than a couple hours at a time before the pain wakes me up. Right now it's not too bad, so I hope I'm getting better.

A number of people have recommended using Manuka honey on my wounds. Maybe it's a placebo, but my wounds do look better. Frankly, whatever works. I apply the honey onto the bandages then place the bandage over the wound.

I've been limited to how much I can do and it's driving me nuts. Other people have stepped up to help, and that's been a blessing. To distract myself I've been watching a lot of adventure type Youtube channels. It's giving me ideas for the future. Now all I have to do is to get better so I can get back to having fun.

-Sixbears

4 comments:

  1. I never got rid of my cellulitis until I was in the hospital on an IV drip for about a week. It's like they don't WANT to cure you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've a long and sordid history with the medical profession. I think if I had access to lab tests and a pharmacy I could do a better job myself. How's that for a free market solution?

      Delete
  2. This piece might provide some interesting reading:
    A Short History of American Medical Insurance
    https://imprimis.hillsdale.edu/short-history-american-medical-insurance/

    ReplyDelete