StatCounter

Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Not doing much



I've been taking it easy. Healing is pretty much full time work for me right now. It's pretty discouraging to see I'm actually worse off than when I first went to the doctors months ago. Getting better does not happen in a straight line.

I've high hopes for the new treatment as it's closer to what worked for me two years ago, but turned up a few notches. One thing positive thing is that I just improved my diet 100%. That should help in the long run.

The hospital gave me a follow up call to see how I thought it was going. For the first time I think I got through to someone that the pain is the biggest factor for me right now. It's preventing me from sleeping more than an hour or two. Tylenol isn't cutting it. If things don't get better by Friday I'm supposed to get back in touch with the hospital.

Anyway, this could all turn around in a day or two. That's the thing with antibiotics. Nothing seems to happen, then poof, the infection goes away.

Hopefully I'll be able to focus on other things soon. This medical talk must be getting boring by now. I know I'm bored with being unwell.

-Sixbears

10 comments:

  1. Infection that doesn't heal...when's the last time you had your blood glucose checked?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A few days ago. It's normal. Not even a little high.

      Delete
  2. Most doctors stop antibiotics too soon on me. Don't let them do it to you. I ndon't like the things, but once the damage is done, you need them long enough to get the job done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I think happened to me the first time around. Now I'm on harsher antibiotics.

      Delete
  3. I hope you feel some relief soon Sixbears. Being injured or sick is not fun at all.

    Imagine if these event were occurring while you were on board your planned trip though. Maybe Someone was taking care of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe. My lovely wife thinks this would have hit me while on the boat. On the other hand, maybe I would have gotten better from all the exercise. Right now it is what it is.

      Delete
  4. There is a reason for everything but it sure is frustrating not knowing what it is. Sending healing thoughts and wishes for a peaceful Thanksgiving....Momlady

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Momlady! Hope you have a good Thanksgiving.

      I know there's a reason for everything. (sometimes that reason is that I messed up.)

      Delete
  5. Hope they find the magic pill to fix your leg. I'm sure it's very frustrating for both of you. Have a great Thanksgiving and stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mike! May you and yours have a good one too!

      Delete