StatCounter

Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Two Good Days



I picked up a nasty cough during our cold went spring. My damaged lungs can be slow to heal from something as simple as a spring cold. A two day break in the weather made all the difference. In just a couple of days my lungs were about 80% better. Because I can breath easier I can do more walking and increased my distance.

Those two nice days were a reminder that I really have no business spending winters in the cold. My lungs feel much better with warm humid air. With that in mind I’ve been working towards getting my boat south for the winter.

My lovely wife and I have been exploring a lot of different ideas. There are a number of things up in the air. We might get a tow vehicle for our Oday 19 trailer sailboat. If that doesn’t come together we can always borrow a truck. We are still open to the idea of buying a bigger boat on the coast and sailing it south. There are options.

Those boat ideas are all well and good, but my middle daughter came up with a good point. I need a fall back plan for living down south if the boat stuff doesn’t happen. With that in mind I’m exploring other options for cheap living down south. Hey, worse come to worse I could always pitch a tent in a National Forest somewhere.

As much as love NH in the warm weather, the cold weather could kill me one of these days. If nothing else, it’s the difference between suffering and feeling like my lungs were never damaged.

-Sixbears

10 comments:

  1. Mississippi....warm, humid, cheap land, and near the gulf.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had not considered it before, but that could work.

      Delete
  2. There are a lot of advantages of living down here in the south, the heat and humidity is not one of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My lungs actually do well with humidity. It's the rest of me that suffers. :)

      Delete
  3. There's nothing wrong with being a "Snowbird" especially if it extends your life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heat and humidity, we got 'em both, in spades!
    Come on down! A house down the street just went up for lease - will probably last about a week or less. Our growth here is incredible, but we're about 40 miles from Galveston, 1/2 mile to Lake Houston.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've family in Channeview TX, so I know the area a bit.

      Delete