StatCounter

Thursday, July 7, 2016

Coast of Maine



My lovely wife and I just got back from 6 days on the coast of the Maine. We went camping and joined up with 23 friends and family. It was great: lobster feeds, campfires, a bit of shopping, walks along the water, fun and games.

My Internet connection was pretty sketchy so I pretty much stopped following most of the news. Unfortunately, I couldn't post to the blog, so I guess it turned into a real vacation. Now that I'm back there's a lot of things in need of attention.

This was the first real test of the ambulance/camper/veggie van since I worked on the fuel systems. Looks like I finally have it all sorted out. Everything ran the way it was supposed to. Most of the trip was powered by waste vegetable oil. I also burned enough diesel to give that fuel system a good test. No plugged lines or air in the system so that problem is finally solved.

I should be back up to full speed sometime tomorrow.

-Sixbears

6 comments:

  1. Hermit's Baby SisJuly 7, 2016 at 9:15 AM

    Welcome back, Sixbears. Vacation, especially with Friends & Family, is great, but getting back home is an unspeakable delight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. . . . once the unpacking and laundry gets done. :)

      Delete
  2. I think you were born out of your time. You'd have done great during the 1500's, the Age of Exploration. Might have enjoyed the Lewis and Clark expedition, too.

    I have gotten to the point where it's harder and harder to just launch out. But we are planning a trip to the beach and I'm going if it kills me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As a kid I was disappointed to discover there wasn't really a job for explorer anymore.

      Now that the van is running well, we are going to keep it stocked up and ready to go. The worse thing about traveling is all the packing and unpacking. With the van mostly stocked we should be able to go camping at a moment's notice -or to bug out, if needed.

      Delete
  3. I envy you all that fresh seafood!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing like some time away. Maine is beautiful and you can't beat the fresh seafood.

    ReplyDelete