StatCounter

Sunday, July 10, 2016

Of Blogs and other Things



I enjoy writing this blog. It connects me with a larger community. My readers are great people. Over the years it's allowed me to share my knowledge, opinions and projects. Good fun.

Lately I've had some time to reflect on where I am right now in my life. It's said that the unexamined life is not worth living. There is truth to that, at least as far as I'm concerned. Over the past weekend I've had the opportunity to connect with a lot of people I haven't seen in some time.

Some of my old business partners are looking into a variety of business structures that would allow us to advance our personal goals. It's very very tempting to jump back in. While we've kept in touch, my participation has been minimal. Lately I've been putting more time into those activities. I know I'm not being very specific but some things in my life are private and separate from the blog. Also, it would not be fair to my associates to blab about their business activities in my daily writing.

In short, there are only so many hours in the day. Some things have got to give. Unfortunately, as much as I love writing the blog, it's not a very lucrative pursuit. That's fine, but with recent financial set backs, the budget needs a bit more attention. When I caught myself thinking of actually doing jobs I don't like just for the money, it was a wake up call. There are other pursuits I love that have money making potential, but they need more attention that I've been giving them.

Will I stop writing this blog? Not in the near term. What could happen is that from time to time I may miss more posts than I normally do. Please be patient with me. My hope is that I can establish a good work/play balance that will allow enough time and energy for blog posts.

So it's either all that or a Gypsy woman read my Tarot and turned my life upside down.

-Sixbears

16 comments:

  1. you did marry to the gypsy woman right?

    Wildflower

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting... I'm sure you and your demons will work it out. When finacial considerations are at play, anything can happen, but there is a time for everything... Good luck with your decisions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. We aren't desperate due to our planning, but it's gotten a lot more expensive to deal with things we can't do for ourselves. Normally I just ignore the financial side of things as it doesn't interest me much. However, the lack of attention there is holding us back. Decided to do something that I like before I have to do something just for money.

      Delete
  3. Your are always a daily stop because you're fun, interesting and thought provoking. Good luck and do what you have to do, we'll always be around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words. I am hoping to be able to keep up with everything, but I thought I'd give prior warning if posting gets spotty. You guys are great and I'd miss everyone.

      Delete
  4. I don't know how daily blog writers do it, I'd run out of things to say pretty quickly. Don't sweat it - you write when you have something to say and take care of Life the best you can. The only thing you should obligated to do is ENJOY LIFE - WE ALL GET ONE TURN!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I don't know where the ideas come from sometimes myself. :)

      Delete
  5. Always good to hear from you, Sixbears, daily or as often as you can. Hopefully all will work to your benefit, and we'll look forward to seeing you blogging when you can.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Take a break..do what you gotta do.

    We will be here waiting for your return.

    Thanks for the witty blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll miss seeing your post nearly every day, but the bills have to be paid first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping I can keep up a fairly decent schedule, but I wanted to give a heads up.

      Delete
  8. Ah, life...not predictable (Who would want to live a predictable one?).

    If you have the chance to do something you enjoy, go for it. I spent 40+ years earning a living, and that is about the most positive thing I can say for it. Keeping a roof over your head and beans on the table is a pretty spirit crushing way to spend your health and youth. Good luck, and I will read when you have a chance to post your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Judy. I've been lucky to have mostly done jobs I like. *or no job at all.

      Delete
  9. Good luck with the road you chose Sixbears.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll look forward to reading what you have to say whenever you write. I always enjoy reading about your adventures and thoughts. I wish you bright blessings in your endeavors.

    ReplyDelete