StatCounter

Wednesday, August 9, 2023

Never Ending Rain



Thanks to the wet weather I’m way behind on my outside projects. I was a bit bummed about it until I realized everybody is behind. A friend of mine is going nuts due to the weather. He has some outside work that requires decent weather. When the weather’s nice he earns $75/hour. The weather is taking a big chunk out of his income. 


Right now I’ve actually got a paying gig that’s waiting on good weather. 


Even more frustrating is the projects I’m not doing. My Blazer bodywork project was so far behind I sold the vehicle “as is” and moved on. Now I’ve got a nice new hitch for my Ford Escape. Unfortunately the driveway is a lake again. 


When the weather is nice I’m torn. Do I tackle those delayed projects or do I play in the sun? To be honest, playing in the sun wins more often than not. It might seem self indulgent but what’s the price of mental health?


-Sixbears

8 comments:

  1. Forecast high for today is 111 in North Central TX. 110 the following several days.
    My grasshopper heard is tick infested.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beyond a gentle discipline be kind to yourself.

    Next rain hour list what's critical; for the upcoming winter and get it done.

    Enjoy the sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still making some progress, but not as much as I'd like.

      Delete
  3. I agree with Michael, get out in those woods around you. Start gathering up all that wood that is supposedly around you,.. stored wood under cover is security and much drier !
    Your life is and has been for a long time now, filled with leisure activities. Make hay while the sun shines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I write about the leisure activities as those are fun. Kinda boring to hear about me doing drudge work. A lot more prep going on in the background.

      Delete
  4. Rain, rain go away us old farts want to play. 80)

    ReplyDelete