StatCounter

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Thanks for your support



The old budget has been pretty tight this month. We didn't have anything special planned so we weren't too worried about the lack of funds. However, out of the blue we had the chance to go with two of our daughters three grandkids to Storyland. (NH amusement park.)

As luck would have it Google had just deposited a check into my bank account. It's from the ads posted on this blog. I'd like to thank all my blog readers for your support. I don't make big money from this blog, but the occasional check always seems to arrive at a good time.

There's a funny story about writing. (mature audiences only) Writing is like sex. First you do it for yourself for your own amusement. Then you share it with someone else. Eventually you end up doing it for money. :)

When I first started this blog I struggled with whether or not to allow ads. In the end I figured people could either ignore them or go to some other blog. For a few people the ads may even be relevant and useful, so I went with it. These ads will never make me rich, but they have provided a bit of occasional play money. Thanks for your support.

-Sixbears

5 comments:

  1. Hey...anything that can bring in a little extra is a good thing. I've never found the ads on your site to be distracting at all. In fact, I've even used them a time or two!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sixbears,
    We read your blog for the content. Your blog hits are a bonus for your advertisers. Their ads are a bonus for people who use them to make a purchase. The revenue from them is a bonus for you. Sounds like a bonus situation all round. Keep at it. I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are quite welcome. Like the above comments said above, excellent content is what keeps me checking in here every day and the ads on the sides don't bother me a bit. 'Pennies from Heaven' is just good karma coming your way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys should have seen his face when he checked his account; it was like Christmas morning and Thanksgiving all at once!

    ReplyDelete