StatCounter

Saturday, November 10, 2018

Snow and Slush



We are getting a lovely mix of snow and rain. I've heard predictions of six inches, but with a caution that it all depends on the rain/snow ratio. Here in the mountains it might get nasty. Fortunately, I really don't have a pressing need to be anywhere.

Friday I was able to take care of some last minute outside work. Some things were brought under cover and I hauled in more firewood. The house batteries for my solar electric system are charged up. There's a pretty fair chance the grid will go down at some point. Even more likely will be the loss of Internet connection. For some reason that appears to be more fragile than the grid. It might be one of those days to sit next to the woodstove with a good book.

The nasty weather really makes me long for life on a sailboat somewhere in the Bahamas. That's a trip that keeps getting put off. My lovely wife and I are reduced to watching Youtube videos of other sailors. It's not the same.

Right now all we can do is to arrange our finances to make it all possible. The new medical bills coming in are a set back, but maybe not as bad as feared. Time will tell.

If you don't hear from me in a day or two, it's probably just my Internet going down so don't be concerned.

-Sixbears

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're covered, whatever happens. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope that the net stays up for ya, but a good book is always a tremendous back-up plan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We got lucky as utilities went down all around us, but ours stayed on. However, I don't need an excuse for a good book.

      Delete
  3. There's nothing like a good book by the woodstock or fireplace (except maybe being in FL where it's warm).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I meant wood stove.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, but a good book buy a music festival sounds interesting. :)

      Delete