StatCounter

Sunday, November 18, 2018

Van and Medical days



First the good news. We finally sold the van. Actually, my lovely wife is the one who really sold it. I'd given up after dealing with too many idiots. Some people are not cut out for sales. My lovely wife took over. It was a Facebook ad that finally did it.

We didn't get anywhere near what we originally asked, but it was time to let it go. On the bright side, we got more than salvage rates, so that's good. My vehicle insurance is due at the end of the month and it'll be cheaper with the van off it.

Mainly, I get a much needed winter parking space back. I've had to park the car in a steep part of my summer driveway. It's my summer driveway as it's pretty tough to get out of it when there's snow or ice on the ground. There's just enough hill to make it nasty, plus there's a wall for cars to fall off of. It's happened.

As for my leg issues -they aren't getting much better. On the plus side, they aren't infected. However, they aren't healing because my legs have swelled up. Apparently, I'm retaining way too much water. Hopefully diuretics will do the job. The leg doctor happened to notice some other medical issues. He set me up at the hospital to be checked out. Well, there were lab tests and x-rays. I don't really want to get into exactly what's on.

In fact, I have more appointments on Monday to find out what's happening. Right now I'm not super worried, but it's one more thing to deal with.

-Sixbears

8 comments:

  1. Hope you get to the root of the problem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you wearing compression stocking for your legs? If not, get some (after consulting with your doctor.) They are great for people with fluid build-up issues (plus they protect the skin from abrasions and such, always a nice bonus for people with fluid problems.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a couple pairs. The doctor is doing some fancy wraps right now. Unfortunately, they can hurt like a son of a gun.

      Delete
  3. Medical issues can be a real bummer, that's for sure! I hope all turns out OK for ya, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heading back to the hospital this morning. Hope it can be sorted soon.

      Delete