StatCounter

Thursday, May 25, 2023

Dreaming with the dead



I’ve reached the age where a lot of people I used to know have now passed on. The vast majority of people who were my brother firefighters have gone to their last call. Most, but not all, were older than me. 


My high school graduation class keeps getting smaller. High school reunions have resorted to combining with a previous class to get enough people to rent a hall. Such is the nature of things. 


On the bright side I’ve outlived some of my enemies, but that’s a blog for a different day. 


My dad and I were really close. We both had a similar twisted sense of humor. Our whole lives we did a lot of things together. I miss him almost everyday. My relationship with my mom was more complicated, but we loved each other. 


Here’s the thing. I’m one of those people who remembers their dreams. Life in the Dreamtime is very full and rich. A lot of the times the dead show up in my dreams. They generally don’t have any special messages from beyond the grave or anything like that. Most of the time we just hang out and visit. Today I dreamed of my friend who just passed. We hung around my grandmother’s place and had a few beers together. 


I woke up feeling pretty good. Also, it was a surprise to be sober after all those beers. 


-Sixbears

4 comments:

  1. Star Trek calls that stuff Synthohol. Happy Dreaming, we learn some of the most important stuff there.

    ReplyDelete