StatCounter

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Splitting wood in a T-shirt and shorts

It's that time of year again in the North Country of New Hampshire. Sunday was a pleasant sunny 65 degrees -eventually. It was in the mid-20s in the morning and will drop down there again tonight. I was splitting in the wood so I could start my stove once the sun goes down.

Lovely time of year.

It's going to be cool and wet for the next few days. There's flooding around us, but we are fine here in the hills.

None of this bothers me all that much. While it was sunny, I went though the sailboat and got it ready for the water. Pumped a little water out of the bilge. Fixed a few little hardware problems and cleaned it up a bit.

Tuesday the garage is putting a new trailer hitch on my truck. It won't be long I'll be cruising the fresh water lakes around here. That though makes me very happy. Most people start small and work their way up. My lovely wife and I taught ourselves how to sail in the ocean and soon we'll be launching on a small mountain lake. The thought amuses me. It's not the ocean, but a day on the water is a day on the water.

-Sixbears

4 comments:

  1. The ocean allows you more room to learn to maneuver without running into anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yet lake sailing teaches the fine art of reading the wind as it affects the water surface. Also the short tacks are great for learning to come about without thought.
    Besides it's a great way ta drink beer !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good plan to me! Like you say...a day on the water is a day on the water!

    Dang, makes me wish I could go with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, water is water. The ocean is more fun because there's no boundaries, but fresh water is SO much easier on the metal bits!

    ReplyDelete