StatCounter

Thursday, January 25, 2018

Boat Stories



I had a long talk at the campground with a guy who sails a small boat on the Great Lakes. He makes his way from Michigan to Canada, where he spends a good part of the summer. The old guy had some great photos. Unfortunately, he's got some physical problems and might have to give up sailing. He suggested that he'd be interested in selling the boat to me.

I consider it a 50/50 sort of thing. Frankly, I hope his health holds out and he can keep sailing for many more years. It's one of the things that truly brings joy to his life.

For me, the most important revelation was that my lovely wife didn't even blink when the idea of buying the boat came up. I think it's because the boat is of a style and condition that she really likes. If that boat doesn't come on the market, it's not big deal. There are plenty more out there just like them.

She's lined up a lot of house projects for the spring and summer. I must admit that most them are long overdue. However, I know we can work buying another boat into the budget somehow.

-Sixbears

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you'll have a busy spring/summer but if you can get your hands on the right boat.......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope to get home feeling refreshed and full of energy.

      Delete
  2. I think you and your wife are stout souls. After the shipwreck, I believe I'd have taken up crochet or something, myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not her first shipwreck either. Her dad sunk a boat when she was a kid.


    ReplyDelete