StatCounter

Sunday, July 21, 2019

Moving slow



The heat and humidity put the brakes on major projects. Instead I took it easy and drank plenty of liquids. I was able to do some preliminary work on a new electrical panel for the boat. It’s going to have to cool off a bit before the new panel assembly is installed.

My lovely wife went to visit a friend who’s recovering from surgery. The temperature had to be close to a hundred degrees in her rented house. My lovely wife discovered three air conditioner units stored in the basement.

She called and asked if I wouldn’t mind coming over and installing an air conditioner. All three conditioners were old and I had no idea if they worked. I decided to take a chance on the largest and most powerful. Those old conditioners weigh a ton. Good thing it cranked right up when plugged in. After an hour at full blast the place was a lot more comfortable.

It’s tough when you don’t have family around to take care of you. My wife’s friend has daughters who’d help, but they are far away in Texas. I’m grateful for my family and friends who’ve stepped up when I’ve been in need.

Cooler weather is coming.

-Sixbears

4 comments:

  1. Sadly, many people have no-one. May God bless you and your wife.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gorges. It can be tough out there.

      Delete
  2. Not having family or friends to lend a hand is tough going sometimes. I'm sure she was happy to have you lend her a bit of help. Blessings on ya, sir!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. She has some family, but they are 2000 miles away in a place she never wants to go back to.

      Delete