StatCounter

Monday, July 8, 2019

Trump Talk



It’s no secret that I’m not a fan of Trump. So I get back from vacation to see some more stupidity about our President. Sure, he did say something about battling for airports during our war for independence. Yeah, he did get his military parade like all his dictator friends have. Plus we are tearing kids from their parents and maintaining concentration camps.

I always questioned the man’s integrity but I don’t attack him on a daily basis. He’s just one man but the system of checks and balances no longer works. The two party system takes some of the blame as party loyalty appears to be more important than the business of governing. Congress has consistently given up its power to the executive branch.

Frankly, I don’t see why people still support Trump. I know that will get me into trouble. Personally, I have a number of friends and family members who’ve suffered from his policies. On the other hand, I know people who’s investments are doing quite well so Trump’s all right by them. Some of us can be bought for 30 pieces of silver.

People will believe what they want to believe but the truth is still the truth. I have a freaking degree in journalism so I know something about how the news in made. Frankly, Fox News is basically an entertainment channel and sometimes a propaganda outlet.

Rather than constantly attacking the administration, my concern has been to prepare people for disasters. Believe it or not, not everything is the fault of Trump: things like asteroids and earthquakes. Other things such as the likelihood of going to war is higher under Trump. My focus has been on people being prepared to provide for their basic needs in an emergency.

There are a number of serious challenges facing the planet today. Good leadership would go a long way towards mitigating those issues. Our current leadership is generally making things worse and that scares the crap out of me. That’s one reason I want people to be prepared to survive -no matter what they believe. Beliefs can be changed. Nothing can be changed if you are dead. I want us all to get through these trying times together.

-Sixbears

14 comments:

  1. lol - Anytime I'm tempted to tell you that you're full of bull pucky, I just remember what part of the country you're from and realize that you just don't know any better. After all, look at the politicians that come out of New England. As for Trump most of his supporters don't worship him as some folks insinuate, they just know that he's a better man for the job than anyone else that ran.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely correct, on all points.
    This post was almost enough to unsubscribe from this blog, I guess I'll see how it goes. Sixbears surprised me very much, I almost thought someone else had written this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you live in the far NE, well distanced from the Mexican border. ..you don't know the real deal with immigration.
    If you remove the candy bar, the ants quickly vanish. But DC never speaks of stopping the free stuff that attracts the migrants. The dems want the voters, legal or not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Plus we are tearing kids from their parents and maintaining concentration camps."

    Truth is the 'camps' and 'tearing' started under the 'Chocolate Jesus.'

    'Da Nile' ain't just a river in Egypt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was correct. Obama's main immigration guy just verified it in an interview.

      Delete
  5. Thank you, sixbears, for your honest opinions! I stand with you this time around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Easy to "stand" when your anonymous....

      Delete
    2. ie: "Easy to 'stand' when -you're- anonymous..." I'm fairly certain sixbears is not his real name/identity and you may or may not be J.David and people like you can make it more difficult for people like me to feel safe in posting with identity showing. - most importantly -, I'm not anonymous in the voting booth.

      Delete
    3. "people like you"?
      Interesting response....

      Delete
  6. We've seen so many times before,
    Messiahs pointed to the door
    No one had the guts to leave the temple.

    Flaunting your fancy facts just proves you are a member of the Elite, and worse, you hail from a state with more snowplows than incest, so you clearly know nothing.

    I will say that since Trump was elected, I stopped making fun of preppers. The man has managed to make me start digging a shelter and hoarding ammo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Time will tell the entire story eh...one thing certainly has been proven with the orange one...people vote their pocketbooks.
    Doesn't matter, the morality, the ugly nor the stupidity.
    With him, for sure his record speaks for itself. Must be the reason he hides most everything eh.
    One day we will be able to say...I told you so.
    That is...if there is anything left.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Man, some of the Right Wingnutz need their safe space! Facts are facts. Trump sucks.

    ReplyDelete