StatCounter

Sunday, February 18, 2024

Game Camera



I received a nifty little game camera for Christmas. For now I’ve been using it around the house. One of the cool things is the ability to take night photos. That’s how I got a few shots of a fox that hangs around. Mostly the camera’s photos are of squirrels and birds. There’s a few shots I can’t quite figure out what the heck is happening but that makes it interesting. 


Once the snow melts the plan is to set up down in my cedar swamp. Judging from tracks there’s moose, deer, turkeys and bear that make their way through there. Who knows what else? While I know they pass through my swamp it would be nice to know how often and when. It’s also a good way to see if anyone is trespassing. 


The price of game cameras has gone down in recent years and the features have gone up. This one cost about $35. It’s not a big investment to see if it’s something I’m interested in. Even a couple more cheap ones would be worth it to see exactly what happens on the further edges of my property. 


-Sixbears


No comments:

Post a Comment