StatCounter

Friday, February 16, 2024

The Sun is Dying


The sun is dying. The world is doomed. Everybody hide! 


That seems to be the way a lot of people are treating the total eclipse that’s coming this spring. There are lots of businesses that are closing their doors during the event. People plan to lock their houses and head out of town. 


I’m told that people who follow total eclipses tend to make it a five day event. Just about any sort of lodging in or near the path has been booked for many months. About a year ago good friend of mine who lives in Maine asked to stay at my place. He just recently reconfirmed. The guy and his wife are willing to camp on the lawn but we could still have snow at that time. Fortunately for him we got a new mattress for the loft guest room. 


As for myself I just ordered a bunch of eclipse viewing glasses. I’m smart enough not to stare directly at the sun. 


-Sixbears


2 comments:

  1. I saw the 2017 total eclipse. It's totally worth going to see one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool. All I have to do is go outside, so it'd be silly to ignore it.

      Delete